[mythtv-users] Random Audio Noise BLAST from Poor Local CW Network Recordings

boehm100 at comcast.net boehm100 at comcast.net
Thu Jan 3 08:24:55 UTC 2013

Hi,

I'm looking for suggestions for how to filter, correct, or protect my equipment and my ears against the damaged audio stream in recordings from my local CW affiliate. I just upgraded from .24 to .26 and installed a new GT430. One of these changes compounded a problem with recordings from my local CW affiliate. Recordings from this QAM HDHR Comcast Cable Channel have the occasional pops or noise blip. I'm thinking the audio stream gets a localized corruption or looses a clock signal. This happened with with .24 and my old GT240 but they were shorter and less scary. Now it feels like they are going to blow out the house. I thought they destroyed my speakers last night. These are short blasts with correct audio before and correct audio after.

Anybody else have this problem? How did you fix it? I'm using alsa:hdmi:CARD=NVidia;Dev=1 for my audio device to my Onkyo AV Receiver .

Help please