[mythtv-users] Low powered nvidia GPU

Tim Draper veehexx at gmail.com
Wed Jan 2 16:04:26 UTC 2013

On 2 January 2013 15:52, Fred Watt <fredwattmythtv at gmail.com> wrote:

> Can anyone recommend a good low powered nvidia gpu card for a myth
> frontend.  I am uk based, and looking for an upto date card which is very
> low powered for 1080p/VDPAU.  The frontend is also a slave which does most
> of the recording.  What up to date GPUs should I be looking for?

anything from nvidia on their current range (600-series) should be perfect.
which drives you use is dependant on the card you have bought; i beleive
phoronix did a test between the nouveau and offical nvidia drivers and it
was card dependant on which performed substantially better. the lower end
cards generally seemed to be better on the nouveau driver.

my nvidia 9300 ion2 FE handles 1080p content perfect.