[mythtv-users] NFS mount problems

Thomas Boehm mythtv-users at lists.boehmi.net
Wed Jan 2 01:31:29 UTC 2013

Mark Pennock wrote:
> I am trying to mount a remote directory for my videos folder and I cant
> get it to work. The problem is that when I mount it the owner and group
> get changed to pulse  rtkit, respectively. I can't figure out why this
> is happening.

To avoid this, I always create a standard user "mythtv" with the primary
group "mythtv" right after I created the first user and BEFORE I install
mythtv. That way mythtv always has the same UID and GUID (1001) on all
my systems.

To solve the problem after you installed mythtv, just follow Kevon's
advice. That's what I did after I ran into that problem the first time.

HTH
Thomas