[mythtv-users] My new remote: Sony Google TV remote

Jason Flatt jflatt at cox.net
Tue Jan 1 15:45:33 UTC 2013

I got tired of the horribly slow Harmony One, and decided to pick up the Sony
NSG-MR5-U.  So far, I think it's great.  I was able to order just the remote
without the Google TV parts.  It's bluetooth only, i.e. no IR, has all the
power buttons I want, has a backlight-toggled keyboard, multi-touch
mouse/trackpad thing, motion sensors, and volume is on the side like most
smartphones.  Most of the keys work out of the box, I did have to add a few.
These are the quirks I know of:
Main power button seems like it disconnects bluetooth.  I don't know what
that's all about, but any other key will connect it back up.  I'm not sure if
I should try to put a udev script together to suspend on bluetooth disconnect
or if something like that might suspend every time the remote sleeps.
All the keys can be used, but some dont register, perhaps it's the Xorg > 255
issue with some keycodes.
The trackpad part doesn't work yet.  I can see a lot of the data on the HID
interface, but not sure how to wire it up in the driver yet.
The motion sensors don't work yet, I think I see the HID usage page for it,
but haven't started to log the data yet.