[mythtv-users] MythTV Frontend

Joseph Fry joe at thefrys.com
Thu Feb 28 21:17:18 UTC 2013

>> Any Pentium 4 2.8GHz or better should have no trouble playing US
>> Broadcast HD streams using CPU alone.  And if you want you can always make
>> it even better with a cheap NVIDIA card (say a used GT520) and still put a
>> single system together for under $100.
>>

> I'd love to know where you could find a P4 these days, and one that will
> take a PCIe nvidia graphic card...

What do you mean... it's easy to find used P4 systems... and most LGA755
motherboards had PCIe slots.  The Pentium 4 was around for a long time,
especially if you include the Pentium D (which was just a dual core P4
chip).  They were releasing new models from 2000 to 2008, and selling at
retail until 2010 or so when just about every vendor finally switched to
Core processors.