[mythtv-users] Video devices on recent kernels

Larry Finger Larry.Finger at lwfinger.net
Thu Feb 28 00:02:08 UTC 2013

On 02/27/2013 05:10 PM, Rod Smith wrote:
> On 02/27/2013 02:49 PM, Larry Finger wrote:
>>
>> I don't know about the HD-3000, but the driver for the PVR500 is
>> CONFIG_VIDEO_IVTV. In 'make menuconfig' or 'make xconfig', you will find
>> it under Device Drivers => Multimedia support => Media PCI Adapters =>
>> Conexant cx23416/cx23415 MPEG encoder/decoder support. I also turn on
>> the two options in that section.
>
> Thanks for the pointer; however, that entry is not present for me in either
> "make xconfig" or "make menuconfig". My guess is that it's now dependent upon
> some other kernel option that is NOT set in my kernel, but I haven't a clue what
> this "mystery option" might be. Any suggestions on this score?

CONFIG_MEDIA_SUPPORT depends on HAS_IOMEM  - That should be true for x86
CONFIG_PCI_SUPPORT depends on PCI - should not be a problem
CONFIG_VIDEO_IVTV depends on CONFIG_ANALOG_TV_SUPPORT
			     CONFIG_VIDEO_V4L2, CONFIG_I2C
			     CONFIG_RC_CORE

You can edit .config to check these. If you find one of the above with the
notation "is not set", you can delete that line. After you save the file, then
run 'make oldconfig' and you will be asked about the missing values.

Larry