[mythtv-users] Mythmusic can't save playlist (fwd)

Ian mythusers at freakzilla.com
Sun Feb 24 18:52:12 UTC 2013

On Sun, 24 Feb 2013, Scott Harris wrote:

> You don't indicate what verison of MythTV which would be rather helpful.

Oops, meant to. 0.25. 0.25.3+fixes according to dpkg (:

> However, the current version of MythMusic ridiculously only saves such things
> as playlists when MythTV exits (the original dev of MythMusic 0.26 no longer
> works on the project has acknowledged this is a bit silly and has a fork
> which fixes this (among all lot of other complaints about the current
> incarnation of MythMusic)

Wow... it's even WORSE in 0.26? When they switched to the 'new' music thing in
0.25 I was almost ready to switch to xbmc, except that I /like/ mythtv. But I
miss the 'old' mythmusic more and more every single day.

I do remember discussions about SOME of the fixes being merged, but nothing
ever came of it.

Do you know where this fork is? I really don't like the idea of building my own
mythtv packages (I used to do that kind of stuff all the time but I'm at the
point in my life where I just want things to work already) but I might have to
experiment with that.

> Anyways, to end this long story.  Make you changes, exit to the main menu.
> Press esc, choose "Yes, Exit MythTV", restart MythTV and your changes should
> persist.  Simple, right?

Um.... but... but what if I made a brand-new playlist, and it won't let me even
give it a name?...

-Ian