[mythtv-users] Ceton Infinitv USB issues

Kris Jensen kris.jensen.knj at gmail.com
Fri Feb 22 17:56:01 UTC 2013

On Fri, Feb 22, 2013 at 12:48 PM, Kris Jensen <kris.jensen.knj at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Fri, Feb 22, 2013 at 12:38 PM, Krys Allen <allen.krys at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> kris,
>> very interesting, thanks... any chance I could see the rule you wrote for
>> yours?
>> thanks,
>> -Krys
>>

>> mythtv-users mailing list
>> mythtv-users at mythtv.org
>>

> Sure. Keep in mind I am using the internal card version of the Ceton
> Infinitv and not the USB version so the rule well differ (a lot).
>
> [/code_start]
>
> # MythTV Backend service
>
> description     "MythTV Backend"
> author          "Mario Limonciello <superm1 at ubuntu.com>"
>
> start on (local-filesystems and net-device-up IFACE!=br0 and
> ctn91xx-device-added KERNEL=ctn91xx_ctl1 and net-device-added INTERFACE=br0
> and started udev-finish)
> stop on runlevel [016]
>
> kill timeout 10
> respawn
> respawn limit 2 3600
>
> pre-start script
>     [ -x /usr/sbin/mysqld ] || exit 0
>     for i in `seq 1 30` ; do
>        /usr/bin/mysqladmin --defaults-file=/etc/mysql/debian.cnf ping &&
> exit 0
>        sleep .5
>     done
> end script
>
> script
>         test -f /etc/default/locale && . /etc/default/locale || true
>         LANG=$LANG exec /usr/bin/mythbackend --syslog local7 --user mythtv
> end script
>

> [/code_end}
>
> Hope it helps.

Sorry I just realized that's not actually the udev rule. Its my back end
start up script that I had to edit to start up the back end correctly with
the Ceton card.

 the is the udev rule.

[/code-start]

KERNEL=="ctn91xx_*", SYMLINK+="ceton/%k",
MODE="0666",OWNER="root",GROUP="root"

[/Code_end]

Hope it helps.