[mythtv-users] Live TV always is few seconds behind

Andrew Stadt acstadt at stadt.ca
Fri Feb 22 03:53:53 UTC 2013

On 21/02/2013 9:08 PM, iyer1961-sulekha at yahoo.com wrote:
> I am a new user of mythtv.  when I am watching live tv, when I hit the
> info button, its says the position is a few seconds behind; and I
> haven't paused or skipped back.  Trying to understand if this is
> normal or is my system too slow.
> Appreciate any assistance,
>
> Thanks,
> Feng

When watching livetv, myth's backend is writing the video to a file, and
the frontend is playing that file. With all the things that need to
happen, its normal for livetv be at least 2 seconds behind real time...
on some occasions I've seen it go as far as 4 seconds... behind, though
that isn't usual.

Cheers, and welcome to Myth.

Andrew.