[mythtv-users] Several inputs

Simon Hobson linux at thehobsons.co.uk
Thu Feb 21 21:55:50 UTC 2013

"Michael T. Dean" wrote:
>Yeah, that's what I was recommending for your case--a custom rule that
>specifies which channels to include or exclude.  That was the "or
>something else--i.e. in this case, I'd recommend" part after I mentioned
>that having 2 "this channel" rules would be very ugly.  I suppose I
>should have pointed out that we had example clauses for all 3 (yes, 3!)
>cases:
>
>1) "Only on a specific station", applied twice with an OR relationship
>2) "Exclude one station"
>3) "Only channels from the Favorites group" modified to use whatever
>channel group you've created that doesn't contain the channel you want
>to exclude.
>
>And, the custom rule approach will result in only one rule, so only one
>"max episodes" to manage.

For situations like this I tend to use a custom rule with a section of the where clause being like :

and (channel.callsign = "Chanel5" or channel.callsign = "5*")

If there's just one channel to exclude, then it may be easier to just use :

and not channel.callsign = "Channel5"

A little SQL goes a long way :) Luckily I've been using SQL at work for the last decade or two so it's (mostly) familiar.