[mythtv-users] Overscan with nVidia drivers greater than version 300 - Example on wiki

Jerry mythtv at hambone.e4ward.com
Tue Feb 19 19:51:25 UTC 2013

On Tue, Feb 19, 2013 at 1:10 PM, Evuraan <evuraan at gmail.com> wrote:

> thanks, I've not been actively bothered by the overscan my tv has.
> until now that is.
>
> (1) what's your card? (2) could you please  share your "Screen"
> section of  /etc/X11/xorg.conf

I have a GTX 260.

Here's my "Screen" section:

Section "Screen"
        Identifier      "DefaultScreen"
        Monitor         "SamsungHDTV"
        Device          "Videocard0"

        SubSection "Display"
                Depth 24
#               Modes "1920x1080"
                Modes "1280x720"
        EndSubSection

        Option "metamodes" "DFP-0: 1280x720 { ViewPortIn=1280x720,
ViewPortOut=1045x675+120+15 }"
EndSection

It should be similar to what I pasted in the Wiki.  You basically have to
play with the ViewPortOut settings, reducing the resolution and setting the
pixel margins according to you television.

I have a modeline that forces my television to go to 1280x720.  I have my
reasons for this.  That is a lengthy and individual process (my modeline
won't work for you).  Check out
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1003099&page=2 if you're
interested in that, otherwise disregard.