[mythtv-users] Program starttime in EPG?

Joey Morris rjmorris.list at zoho.com
Tue Feb 19 01:43:15 UTC 2013

Thomas Pontoppidan <spamt at pontoppidan.name> wrote on Mon, Feb 18, 2013 at 11:21:10AM +0100:
> 2013/2/16 Joey Morris <rjmorris.list at zoho.com>
>
> > Thomas Pontoppidan <spamt at pontoppidan.name> wrote on Sat, Feb 16, 2013 at
> > 12:18:15PM +0100:
> > > Is it possible to add the starttime of a program in the guide?
> > >
> > > My wife is very unhappy with not being able to tell the exact start time
> > of
> > > a show in the program guide. I have searched the schedule-ui.xml file and
> > > specifically the "Guidegrid" part searching for a definition of the
> > content
> > > of the program title field, but so far no luck.
> > >
> > > What I would like is to add the starttime before the title of each show
> > in
> > > the grid. Is that possible and if so, how?
> > >
> > > BTW: I'm using the Mythbuntu theme.
> >
> > I'm not sure about adding the starttime to each cell of the grid, but
> > you can add it to area above the grid where the details for the
> > currently selected program are displayed. You could add it as its own
> > textarea, or you could prepend it to an existing textarea using the
> > template tag. For example, in my local version of Mythbuntu, I changed
> > the template for the description textarea to:
> >
> > <template>(%STARTTIME% - %ENDTIME%) %LONGREPEAT% %YEARSTARS|
> > %%DESCRIPTION%</template>
> >

> Thanks Joey! I showed my wife your solution on my master BE (combined
> BE/FE) and she was happy. However, when I try to do the same on my main FE
> nothing happens:(
>
> I Don't remember the correct way (if any) to modify a theme and have the
> changes survive an upgrade, but I made the changes to schedule-ui.xml both
> in the "Default" and the "Mythbuntu" directory. This did the trick on the
> BE, but on the FE no luck.
>
> Has there been recent changes in the Mythbuntu theme that could explain
> this? My FE is v. 25.30 while the BE is probably an older version of the
> theme.

The easiest way to modify a theme and have the changes survive an
upgrade is to copy the theme to your ~/.mythtv/themes directory and give
it a new name inside themeinfo.xml.

Are you sure you edited the right theme on your FE? Do you already
have one called Mythbuntu in ~/.mythtv/themes, but you edited the one
in /usr/share/...? Are there any error messages in the frontend log?