[mythtv-users] Ceton InfiniTV4 and Cisco/SA cable cards - Known Issue

Tom Culpepper tculpepp at gmail.com
Mon Feb 18 19:44:04 UTC 2013

So after a few days of back and forth with comcast trying to get my
CableCARD up and running in my InfiniTV I finally got someone who was
actually very helpful and may have my solution.

It turns out there is a known issue (documented in the comcast database
anyway) with InfiniTV4 pcie and USB cards and all Cisco/Scientific Atlanta
cable cards.  Everything will activate and pair properly, but you will
never get a channel list.

Comcast's official info on this says to open a ticket with Ceton and they
have the fix.

I have a ticket open, but I haven't heard back yet.  I will update this as
to whether or not it was valid info.

Just thought I would share some for anyone else beating their head against
the wall trying to make this work.

-tom