[mythtv-users] How to disable mythlogserver?

tino.keitel at gmx.de tino.keitel at gmx.de
Mon Feb 18 09:32:16 UTC 2013

On Sun, Feb 17, 2013 at 20:00:05 -0500, Craig Treleaven wrote:

[...]

> To the original question, one would think that adding the flags '-q
> -q' would do what the OP wants since the help text says: "Don't log
> anywhere (-q -q)".  I was surprised to find that this still caused
> mythlogserver to launch!

I am* not.

Regards,
Tino

* In my very humble opinion, logging is a feature that is permanently
  done wrong by trying to implement it in a fancy way, instead of just
  using stdout/stderr and attaching an already existing, generic,
  robust, and sophisticated log daemon that doesn't require dirty hacks
  like logrotate etc.  Of cause, this requires a startup mechanism that
  doesn't let everything daemonize into the background, but this is
  another sad story.