[mythtv-users] Recording from an HDMI Connected Set Top Box

Dave Pearson lists at the-pearsons.co.uk
Sat Feb 16 16:19:51 UTC 2013

-----Original message-----
From:Mike Perkins <mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk>
Sent:Sat 16-02-2013 15:03
Subject:Re: [mythtv-users] Recording from an HDMI Connected Set Top Box
To:Discussion about MythTV <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>;
On 16/02/13 13:50, Dave Pearson wrote:
> I now have a Set Top Box (Virgin V+HD) right next to my mythtv server. I'm,
> currently, using a PVR250 to record from the composite output of the V+HD
> box, but would like to be able to use the HDMI output as I will probably get
> better quality from the SD channels and I would get HD quality from the HD
> channels.
>
> Can anyone tell me what equipment I would need to add to my mythtv server to
> be able to record using the HDMI output from the box?

Not possible. HDMI == DRM. Once your signal is in HDMI mode you need £££ for a
card to read it as input.

Does this box have component out? Perhaps you could use a HD-PVR.

--

Mike Perkins

Oh well, never mind I'll just have to stick with the PVR250 as the V+ HD box doesn't have component out. DRM is such a pain!

Dave.