[mythtv-users] Program starttime in EPG?

Joey Morris rjmorris.list at zoho.com
Sat Feb 16 14:13:54 UTC 2013

Thomas Pontoppidan <spamt at pontoppidan.name> wrote on Sat, Feb 16, 2013 at 12:18:15PM +0100:
> Is it possible to add the starttime of a program in the guide?
>
> My wife is very unhappy with not being able to tell the exact start time of
> a show in the program guide. I have searched the schedule-ui.xml file and
> specifically the "Guidegrid" part searching for a definition of the content
> of the program title field, but so far no luck.
>
> What I would like is to add the starttime before the title of each show in
> the grid. Is that possible and if so, how?
>
> BTW: I'm using the Mythbuntu theme.

I'm not sure about adding the starttime to each cell of the grid, but
you can add it to area above the grid where the details for the
currently selected program are displayed. You could add it as its own
textarea, or you could prepend it to an existing textarea using the
template tag. For example, in my local version of Mythbuntu, I changed
the template for the description textarea to:

<template>(%STARTTIME% - %ENDTIME%) %LONGREPEAT% %YEARSTARS| %%DESCRIPTION%</template>