[mythtv-users] Problems starting backend

Bill Meek keemllib at gmail.com
Thu Feb 14 19:37:26 UTC 2013

On 02/14/2013 01:18 PM, HP-mini wrote:

Hi;

> Small typo ?
> 	sudo service mythtv-backend stop

Actually not, sudo start or stop mythtv-backend works too.

> AFAIK
> If you need to start mythbackend with sudo there is something wrong.

If you use the --user mythtv argument then the sudo is required.
When running from the command line, I prefer to make sure the
backend runs as user mythtv, not myself. It avoids permission
problems.

> There is a working example upstart script in the mythtv.org wiki with
> notes for 0.25 & 0.26.

Agreed, should have added that. Notes are from some guy who spells his
name backwards ;)

     http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Upstart_mythbackend_Configuration

--
Bill