[mythtv-users] Commercial Flagging (UK, DVB-T)

D. R. Newman d.r.newman at e-consultation.org
Thu Feb 14 17:56:34 UTC 2013

On 11/02/13 20:31, phipps-hutton at sky.com wrote:

> Quoting "D. R. Newman" <d.r.newman at e-consultation.org>:
>
>> On 16/12/12 23:07, D. R. Newman wrote:
>>>
>>> So I have written mausc2.c (attached) which takes the minimum silence
>>> into the logic.
>
> Thanks for that, I finally got around to testing it and have now updated
> the wiki page.

BTW, I did try to write a program based on mausc.c that produces
statistics of silences in a program, so that if lots of people ran it on
recordings from different channels, we could find out the optimum gap
and depth of silence to count as a marker between adverts, and a longer
gap as a marker of the beginning and end of the a group of adverts.

But I couldn't get it to work properly, so I left it when I had
somethign else to do. If anyone is interested in getting it to work,
please let me know.

David Newman