[mythtv-users] Just wanted to say thanks!!!

Joseph Fry joe at thefrys.com
Tue Feb 12 15:28:06 UTC 2013

>  OK, since we're all doing this:
>>
>> Recording Statistics
>> Number of shows: 281
>> Number of episodes: 8617
>> First recording: Tuesday June 7th, 2005
>> Last recording: Tuesday February 12th, 2013
>> Total Running Time: 7 years 8 months 6 days 3 hrs 21 mins
>> Total Recorded: 1 year 10 months 12 days 1 hr 56 mins
>> Percent of time spent recording: 24%
>>

>> I am curious as to how the "percent of time spent recording" is
>> calculated. I don't quite see how I could be approaching that high a
>> percentage.
>>

> You recorded 1 year 10 months 12 days 1 hr 56 mins of video since you
> first started running MythTV 7 years 8 months 6 days 3 hrs 21 mins ago =
> approximately 2yrs out of 8yrs = ~25%...

And don't forget that this isn't calculated per tuner.  So your system
probably wasn't recording for 6 hours a day, you simply average about 6
hours worth of recordings every day.  So the "percent of time spent
recording" could actually be well over 100%, if for example you recorded
multiple channels around the clock.