[mythtv-users] Just wanted to say thanks!!!

mythtv . mythtv at harley-jones.co.uk
Tue Feb 12 08:03:23 UTC 2013

I have to agree with the thanks. Several years ago now I decided to get an
Acer Revo 3610 and "give MythTV a go". I bought a Hauppauge tuner stick and
put Mythbuntu on there. Then discovered xbmc also. If I am honest I thought
it would just be another Linux not quite there yet disaster and involve too
much tinkering and tweaking to keep it running in a stable manner. How
wrong I was! I have always gone out to find a simple solution (that does
not involve custom compilations) to any problem which again to be fair has
not been in MythTV itself (other than my current partial lock issue that is
a minor annoyance). Its been rock solid and more whilst I have had the
machine lock or the VERY occasional recording fail it has been more
reliable than my previous commercial high end PVR. The other half can use
it and the whole scheduler and intelligence behind seeking out recordings
does exactly as we want. Combine that with the ability to use remote FE and
BE so no cables around the house then its great. I would never go back!

Thank you