[mythtv-users] MythTV .26 -- Mythbuntu theme not downloading/installing

Kevin C kevin at eleventhree.com
Fri Feb 8 22:16:42 UTC 2013

Probably a silly question but one that I can't seem to figure out...

I have a backend machine and 2 frontend machine's (I'll reference F1 and F2
for simplicity) all built from source via the mythtv.git on the .26 branch
on top of xubuntu 12.10.

F1 was setup a few months ago and all went well. The Mythbuntu theme
downloaded and installed just fine.

I just setup F2 the other day but for the life of me can't get the
Mythbuntu theme to install. The Mythbuntu 26.0 option shows up under theme
chooser but with no thumbnail. When I select the Mythbuntu theme it churns
for a few seconds then goes away. Theme doesn't apply. Consecutive selects
on the theme immediately return to the screen, with nothing happening.

Any ideas why?

I did notice that on F1 it said "locally installed" when highlighting the
Mythbuntu theme. For the hell of it I cleared out the themes/ and
themecache/ dir's under .mythtv/ and share/mythtv, as applicable and
restarted. Now the same problems exists on F1 as well.

I'm clueless. I have to be missing something stupid but I can't remember
doing anything different when settings up F1, originally, from F2.

Thanks in advance,

Kevin
eleventhree.com