[mythtv-users] Moving QAM channels

Joe Henley joehenley at kc.rr.com
Fri Feb 8 22:14:43 UTC 2013

> > On the SiliconDust support page they have a service which takes a ZIP
> > code and gives you the current QAM listings, which include channel
> number
> > and station ID. I'm guessing this is done with a readily available
> > program. That would be a good start on my immediate objective.
> >
> > Does anyone have any experience doing what I seek; or suggestions
> where to
> > look for help? Thanks!
> I wrote a script a while back that will do this for you, assuming you are
> using an HDHR to tune the QAM channels, and have a HDHR-Prime with a
> cable
> card as well.
Hi Joe,

The tuner I want to use for the QAM stations is a Hauppauge HVR-950Q;
there's also a Hauppauge HD-PVR which I use for the high def cable
channels.  I know the 950Q works in my Myth system; it's just Time
Warner screws it up.

Do you suppose your HDHR script might work; at a minimum I suspect it
would serve as a great starting point for a script for the 950Q.  Are
you willing to share/post it?

Thanks!

Joe Henley