[mythtv-users] HDHR zero byte recordings - Resolved

John Nissley jnissley at nissley.org
Thu Feb 7 21:04:22 UTC 2013

I can tell you that's exactly the same commit/SHA1 I'm running on in
my backend that was experiencing a 7% failure rate. And that now
I'm well over 100 recordings without any failures.

The build I did at v0.27-pre2-583-g031c724 had the fix and I believe
two more. So, if "up until last night" means you did a new build then,
perhaps you're OK now.

You can always: grep 0.27-pre2 /var/log/mythtv/mythbackend* to see what
version you were running (or wherever your logs are kept.)

As to the -dirty, you can always do: git diff to verify that the
changes are the ones in the patch you added.

--
Bill

It appears my problem was caused by me.  It was related to the
patch I implemented for the backend segmentation faults I was
seeing.  I implemented the PATCH in ticket 11318 and while it
stopped the segfaults it also stopped the HDHR from working.
I now have implemented PATCH2 in ticket 11318 and things are
looking much better.  Also if this patch causes some other issues
I will implement the patch in ticket 11316 however that patch did
cause some interesting things to happen related to recordings
showing up as zero bytes until I go out of watch recordings and
get back in sometimes several time.  So I will be more careful and
read to the end of the ticket before implementing a patch next
time.
Thanks again for all your help.