[mythtv-users] Help with Hauppauge HVR-950Q

Joe Henley joehenley at kc.rr.com
Thu Feb 7 05:29:31 UTC 2013

Diego,

I also have a HVR-950Q.  As far as MythTV upto version 0.25, you'll only
be able to use the digital side of the 950Q.  The analog side is a frame
grabber and there doesn't appear to be any developer support for it (if
you read the items on this site, it's clear the developers really
dislike it [the analog frame grabber]).

On the digital side, there are two encoders; there are several threads
here that discourage trying to use both.  I run mine using one only
encoder.  The sites I found most useful are:
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Adding_Digital_Cable_Channels_(For_ATSC/QAM_Tuner_Cards_--_USA/Canada)_Rev_1
http://linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Dvbscan
http://www.mentby.com/Group/mythtv-users/possible-to-use-a-hauppauge-wintv-hvr-950q-with-mythtv.html

Good luck!