[mythtv-users] mythbuntu 12.04 / mythtv 0.26 - out of box transcode does not work?

Kingsley Turner krt at krt.com.au
Wed Feb 6 00:10:50 UTC 2013

On 06/02/13 10:50, Kingsley Turner wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On a fresh clean mythbuntu 12.04 (there is no 12.10?) set to the 26.0
> repository you cannot transcode a video.
>
> The log shows an error:
>
>     CoreContext transcode.cpp:1374 (TranscodeFile) Please ensure that
> recording profiles for the transcoder are set
>
> Where do I create these transcoding profiles now?
>
> A post from 2008 says it was in
>     Frontend>Setup>TV Settings
>
> But this doesn't exist any more.
>
> I found something in backend setup about transcoding, but it was not clear
> what this is actually used for.  Anyway I created a "Default", but it does
> not affect the issue.
>
> Can someone please tell me what I need to do to make this work?
>
> Surely I can't be the only person with a fresh mythbuntu (re)install that
> wants to transcode ??

Ahem.

I asked exactly this question 6 months ago ... I wonder why google never
found it.

So it's in Backend Setup
     [3. Recording Profiles] -> [Transcoders]

You need to go into each (or any) Transcoder profile you will be using and
modify it so that it becomes "saved", then it will work in the front end.

Any ideas on how to set the default transcoder though ?

thanks,
-kt