[mythtv-users] MythTV 0.25 tuner inititialisation problem

mythtv . mythtv at harley-jones.co.uk
Mon Feb 4 08:09:21 UTC 2013

I have been running MythTV 0.24 on Mythbuntu 11.04 using two twin tuner
Hauppauge DVB-T NOva-TD USB sticks with no problems for several years.

I recently updated to Mythbuntu 12.04LTS and MythTV0.25 and now have the
following problem:

On rebooting (or restarting mythbackend having configured mythbackend)
recordings/live TV will fail the first time.

The easiest way to see this is to reboot and then go into Live TV. Myth
will get a Partial Lock and then flag the error that a lock should have
been received. Exiting LiveTV and then going back to viewing and it works
fine. This procedure has to be done for each Tuner (1 thro 4 - 2 twin tuner
sticks). But once done on say tuner 1 my second virtual tuner on tuner 1
will be fine so probably an intitialisation issue? After doing this it
works flawlessly until the next restart of mythbackend/reboot and the
procedure must be done again.

I have tried deleting all tuners etc in the backend setup and
re-configuring but still the same.

Any ideas? Is this a known problem? Would moving up yet again to 0.26 solve
this?

Cheers

Martin