[mythtv-users] No recordings visible in mythfrontend, but mythweb is fine

Andrey Zhunev a-j at a-j.ru
Sun Feb 3 17:27:08 UTC 2013

Hi All,

A friend of mine is using MythTV 0.24.1 on Fedora 14. I know it's old,
but it's working fine for him, so he doesn't want to upgrade.

Some time ago my friend complained that he stopped seeing  recordings
in the 'Watch Videos --> Recordings' menu. I thought he set a filter,
or chosen a wrong group, but when I checked it, it was not the case.
He can see the number of available recordings when he chooses a group.
But then the list of recordings never appears on the screen.
New recordings that are made nowadays also do no appear in the list.

Surprisingly, he can see all of the recordings in MythWeb just fine.

I found a few questions about a similar issue, but virtually no answers.
One of discussions is here: http://ubuntuforums.org/archive/index.php/t-1729026.html
Although the solution with mysql character set suggested there did not
change behavior of our system.

Of course, we tried running optimize_mythdb, but that didn't help
either. I suppose there could have been a database corruption that
was followed by a loss of some data which is required for mythfrontend
to display the list of recordings. But that's more of a guess than a
real theory.

In the mythfrontend log I see the following errors:

2013-02-03 20:40:35.821 RemoteGetRecordingList() list size appears to be incorrect.
2013-02-03 20:40:35.823 PlaybackBox Error: SortedList is Empty
2013-02-03 20:40:35.929 PlaybackBox Error: SortedList is Empty
2013-02-03 20:40:45.374 PlaybackBox Error: SortedList is Empty

I see no specific errors in mythbackend. Maybe this line:

2013-02-03 20:29:49.626 ProgramInfo(): FromStringList, not enough items in list.

But looking at the time when it appeared, I'd say it's not directly
related...

MythTV Version   : 0.24.1-2.fc14 (3657f313ac)
MythTV Branch    :
Network Protocol : 63
Library API      : 0.24.20110505-1
QT Version       : 4.7.2

Is there anything else we could check / try in order to recover the
functionality?

Reinstall (most likely an upgrade) is the last option in the list...

--
Best regards,
 Andrey