[mythtv-users] Editing Channels Table

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sat Feb 2 17:55:09 UTC 2013

On 02/02/2013 06:31 AM, Mark Gardner wrote:

> Can I just go ahead and delete the rows, or are there any other linked
> tables that also need editing? The channels I want to delete have
> never been watched or used for recording.

And, yes, there's more to delete when deleting a channel than just a
record in the channel table.  The best approach is to use MythTV to
delete the channels for you--either with the mythtv-setup or MythWeb
channel editor.  In mythtv-setup, just highlight the channel and hit D.
MythWeb may be easier for deleting lots of channels--once PHP/Apache is
properly configured (as described in other messages).

Mike