[mythtv-users] Exporting cutlist to VideoRedo?

Frank Feuerbacher fbacher at brisbin.net
Sat Feb 2 16:32:05 UTC 2013

I'm trying to make a system that works for my wife. She records and
edits the movies. She is a Mac person and prefers to use the Mac even if
she has to use VNC to view PC (or Linux) content on her Mac. Editing
Video over VNC can be a bit, um, wonky, so I want to try to avoid that.

Due to a bug (or my dirty DVB files) I can't use mythtranscode to
process cuts.  I think that she will prefer to edit movies in using the
Mac MythTV client. Is there a way to pass the cut list to VideoRedo? I'm
planning on having VideoRedo do a quick clean-up of the video anyway. It
would be great if I could have it make the cuts as well. If that doesn't
work then I suppose I'll see if she will go for editing with VideoRedo
or Avidemux.

Thanks for the hints.