[mythtv-users] Recommendation for a Cheap Frontend.

jedi jedi at mishnet.org
Fri Feb 1 16:13:39 UTC 2013

On Fri, Feb 01, 2013 at 10:24:58AM -0500, Michael T. Dean wrote:
> On 02/01/2013 05:40 AM, Martin Bene wrote:
> >How many recordings do you have on the myth backend? I've just done some experiments with backend 0.26 and XBMC Myth PVR Plugin; admittedly, my system has a fairly large number of recordings (~ 4800).
>
> FWIW, you may want to consider moving any archived shows/movies to
> Video Library.  At least in mythfrontend, the UI in Video Library is
> much better for managing large collections of video than that in

    There are enough options for sorting and organizing your recordings
that this simply isn't the case. You can make your recordings look pretty
much the same way they might look in MythVideo.

[deletia]

     The main problem I would see with ANY alternative viewer for Myth
recordings would be dealing with the embedded commercial breaks. This
goes for anything that's attempting to be a replacement frontend or
something that's just trying to play raw recording files.