[mythtv-users] input connections for dual tuner?

UB40D ub40dd at googlemail.com
Tue Dec 31 20:17:02 UTC 2013

On Tue, Dec 31, 2013 at 7:56 PM, Mike Bibbings <mike.bibbings at gmail.com>wrote:

> You only need to scan once per video source. Just set the second tuner to
> use the same video source as the first.

Thanks.

So am I right in thinking that I should have

 two capture cards
    /dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0
    /dev/dvb/adapter1/frontend0

 only one video source
    eit

two input connections
   /dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0 (dvbinput) -> eit
   /dev/dvb/adapter1/frontend0 (dvbinput) -> eit

?

But the scan is not done in the video source page (where I define EIT):
it's done in each of the the input connections pages---that's where I see
the "scan for channels" button. So what then?

I'm sure it's something dumb I should be able to figure out....