[mythtv-users] input connections for dual tuner?

UB40D ub40dd at googlemail.com
Tue Dec 31 19:52:00 UTC 2013

This is something that I've done many times in past years but I'm never
sure if I'm getting it right.

I have a dual tuner card. In setup / input connections I connect the first
capture device (/dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0) to EIT and I do the "scan for
channels" which takes the best part of half an hour. Then I set up the
second capture device. What's the right thing to do here? Scan for channels
again (another half hour and potentially problems later when the same show
appears several times in the listing)? Or should I attempt to recycle the
previously done scan? How? If I click "scan for channels", the "scan type"
has an option of "import existing scan" but then the next field is "scan to
import" and the drop-down arrow has no entries, despite me just having done
the scan for adapter0.

I am reading the official docs at
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/MythTV-HOWTO#Input_Connections and don't seem to
understand what the right recipe for this should be.