[mythtv-users] WAF through the floor, with lost database!

Mark Perkins perkins1724 at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 31 03:20:43 UTC 2013

> On 31 Dec 2013, at 11:04 am, "Paul Gardiner" <lists at glidos.net> wrote:
>
> tortise <tortise at paradise.net.nz> wrote:
>>> On 31/12/2013 12:00 p.m., Paul Gardiner wrote:
>>> So the dreaded disaster has happened, so now how can I populate
>>> mythtv's recordings from all the orphaned files I have. I realise
>>> the best I can probably do is make names from channel, date and
>>> time, but what tables would I need to update to do so? I'm guessing
>>> there are some risks involved if you don't ensure consistency
>>> between the various tables.
>>>
>>> Also, given that I have another separate mythtv system that has
>>> been running mythfilldatabase relentlessly for years,
>>> is there any way I might turn channels, dates and times back into
>>> titles? I'd imagine that past listing info is forgotten, but
>>> I've never looked so, just wondering.
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>>     Paul.
>> Did you put your database backups on a data drive??? (!)
>

> I did, but that wasn't the problem. Somehow mythconverg_backup generated a less than 1k file containing just a few headers, with no actual data, and I noticed only when I came to restore. :-(
I've been thinking a little about this recently, particularly after John's recent posts on MythArchive.

But I guess first thing is to work out just what data you have available. Any backups lodged elsewhere that you have forgotten about (do a global search on mythconverg* depending on your backup file naming convention)? Is there any data in your current backup or is it dead flat completely empty?

On the second system running mythfilldatabase if you login to MySQL and do a
'Select chanid,starttime,title from mythconverg.recorded;'

Or

'Select chanid,starttime,title from mythconverg.oldrecorded;'

Do you get anything?

What about:
'Select chanid,starttime,title from mythconverg.program;'

But I think that only holds a couple of weeks of data.

Hopefully you find a not-to-old backup...

PS: what about the recording rules table?

'Select chanid,starttime,title from mythconverg.record;'