[mythtv-users] No CableCards available, ebay an option?

Richard Shaw hobbes1069 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 31 01:10:35 UTC 2013

I've been trying to get a CableCard for over 3 weeks from Comcast. The last
time I went in they said not only do they not have any, non of the stores
in Memphis have any, AND there aren't any in the warehouse and they don't
have an expected stock date.

The nice lady at the store suggested I call and see if I can get them to
ship me one. I just struck out on that. Customer service forwarded me to
the "Cable Support" department and they guy there said he talked to his
coworkder and no, they won't ship me one and that I'm basically SOL and
have to just keep dropping by the store until they have stock again.

My wife found a Motorola MediaCipher M type card on ebay cheap enough, but
will they allow me to use it? Anyone have any experience with this?

Thanks,
Richard