[mythtv-users] WAF through the floor, with lost database!

Paul Gardiner lists at glidos.net
Mon Dec 30 23:00:03 UTC 2013

So the dreaded disaster has happened, so now how can I populate
mythtv's recordings from all the orphaned files I have. I realise
the best I can probably do is make names from channel, date and
time, but what tables would I need to update to do so? I'm guessing
there are some risks involved if you don't ensure consistency
between the various tables.

Also, given that I have another separate mythtv system that has
been running mythfilldatabase relentlessly for years,
is there any way I might turn channels, dates and times back into
titles? I'd imagine that past listing info is forgotten, but
I've never looked so, just wondering.

Cheers,
	Paul.