[mythtv-users] Diskless LTSP Frontend

Paul Gardiner lists at glidos.net
Sun Dec 29 13:48:37 UTC 2013

On 28/12/2013 22:00, tortise wrote:
> On 28/12/2013 2:58 p.m., Craig Cook wrote:
>> I have just posted this page:
>>
>> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Diskless_LTSP_Frontend
>>
>> This is the result of 4 days effort.
>>
>> Feedback welcome (good or bad;)
>
> That's appreciated here too! Really cool.
>
> One question I have, I'd want to run a number of frontends but each with
> different configurations, e.g. different monitor type / definitions etc?
> What is required to distinguish these / connect the different frontends?

Another question: is this set up suitable for development? Can you build
mythtv within the chroot environment? I'm worrying about ending up with
a build tailored to running on the server rather than the client. I
have a similar set up here, but I install the client onto a temporary
harddisc, rsync the installation to the server and then run the client
using nfs. When I build mythtv for the client, I make sure I run
at least the ./configure step on the client. I don't know whether
any of this is relevant or important.

Cheers,
	Paul.