[mythtv-users] Kernal messages gone crazy - mythbuntu 10.04

Bill Meek keemllib at gmail.com
Sat Dec 28 23:13:01 UTC 2013

Also, originally, you wrote:
 >> My box has been crashing recently, ran out of space on my OS drive I think, I noted the logs (syslog, kern.log, messages are approaching 5
GB...

If disk space is still a problem (and it's not the USB messages you mentioned earlier,)
then note that with Services API clients like MythTV Android Frontend, transcoded files
are put in your Streaming Storage Group. If you didn't create one, the built-in one will
be used. That's most likely going to be in ~mythtv/.mythtv/tmp/hls on your Master Backend.

The 2nd heading from the bottom here offers some suggestions:

     https://github.com/MythTV-Clients/MythTV-Android-Frontend/wiki/MythTV-Configuration-Suggestions

Personally, I suggest building the Streaming SG manually and adding a directory that you know
will have space (and not hurt other things if it gets full.)

--
Bill