[mythtv-users] View by season ordered by episode

Mark Perkins perkins1724 at hotmail.com
Sat Dec 28 08:53:22 UTC 2013

From: newmank1 at asme.org
Date: Fri, 27 Dec 2013 20:45:42 -0800
To: mythtv-users at mythtv.org
Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] View by season ordered by episode

On Fri, Dec 27, 2013 at 3:40 PM, John P Poet <jppoet at gmail.com> wrote:

On Fri, Dec 27, 2013 at 4:34 PM, Monkey Pet <monkeypet at gmail.com> wrote:

Is there anyway to view recorded shows by season and ordered by episode? I wanted to start recording reruns of a particular show, but it plays on multiple tv stations, so the ordering will be out of order in the default views.

Does your listing provider include "original air date"?  If so, then tell myth to sort by that.
John

That's what I've resorted to as well. I don't know why mythfrontend doesn't display the season+episode correctly; it's shown correctly in mythweb, so the data is clearly there, but it's not interpreted in the right way, or not being used or something. It's not critical, though, because "original air date" accomplishes my goal anyway.

Karl

Maybe I missed something in the original post but I've just used Mythfrontend, Setup, Video, Playback, Screen 4 View Recordings and set 'Sort Episodes' to Series / Episode. It works fine for me and many of my episodes were recorded out of order.