[mythtv-users] Seeking Help MythTV on Mac.

Craig Treleaven ctreleaven at cogeco.ca
Fri Dec 27 20:37:10 UTC 2013

At 4:23 PM -0500 12/17/13, Craig Treleaven wrote:
>At 9:03 PM +0100 12/17/13, Mac.Gebruiker wrote:
>>I have up to now spent a rather high amount of time in getting Myth
>>to work on my iMac (running OSX 10.9). Hardware wise I have 1
>>HDHomeRun3-EU and optionally a EyeTV Hybrid. Presently I use this
>>with EyeTV. I would like to replace all this with the HDHR3-4DC or
>>add a 2nd HDHR3-EU. Since EyeTV gives a lot of problems I have been
>>trying to get Myth TV working.
>>
>>Trials I have done are with MythTV found on SourceForge and on
>>Avenard.org. Besides I have tried to install MythTV on Linux (thru
>>VMWare/Fusion). Recently I discovered Macports and tried that.
>>
>>But every time it stops the moment I start MythTV Setup. I get to
>>the screen where I have to enter which devices I use. Then I select
>>HDHomeRun, let everything remain at default and go to the channel
>>search. Here it stops, never the channels are found.
>>
>>Problem is most likely that I do not understand all the parameters.
>>
>>My search is now for someone that can give me a lending hand in
>>getting this thing working. As I live in the Netherlands it would
>>be great if someone speaking Dutch or using screensharing can help
>>me. Or maybe there is somewhere a working version that I can
>>download to start from?
>
>Hmmm, your description sounds very much like what I ran into recently:
>
>http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/559256?nohighlight=1#559256
>
>Are you using the MacPorts version of mythtv-setup to attempt the
>scan?  Can you try with the version from avendard.org?  I haven't
>had time to try to track this down.

Did a little more testing...for me, the _second_ pop-up dialog at the
end of the channel scan will not accept keyboard input.  (Just
beeps.)  It will, however, accept mouse clicks.  Proceeding that way,
I was able to successfully complete a  channel scan either from the
Input Connections screen or the Channel Editor screen.

Weird.  BTW, the same issue occurs with the official packaged apps
from http://www.avenard.org/files/mythtv/mac/ .

Craig