[mythtv-users] Signal Issues and HDPVR

Joe Henley joehenley at kc.rr.com
Fri Dec 27 17:21:01 UTC 2013

Matthew,

I run MythTV v 0.25.2, with Time Warner cable, and with the same
pixelization problems.  I found I could improve things a bit by changing
some settings:
CPU usage:  from High,reset down to "Medium"
Ringbuffer: Increase from 18,800 kB to 28,200 kB

But their impact is small.  The key is to get the TWC techs out to
address the problem.  I've had them out ALOT!  They've added line amps,
replaced cable connectors, replaced the cable splitter, etc., etc.  When
the problems are at their worst, the cause is usually some issue back at
the "head-end" -- ie., TWC facilities.  If you take a hard stand and
insist on good service, you'll see alot of failed attempts, alot of tech
visits to your place, but eventually they can work thru and fix things
(...until the next time).

My take on it all is that the HD-PVR is very sensitive to problems and
TWC has a lot of problems.  It can, and will work, but it's not easy nor
quick.

Good luck!

Joe Henley