[mythtv-users] now: mythfilldatabase - how to turn it off

Roger Siddons dizygotheca at ntlworld.com
Fri Dec 27 01:24:26 UTC 2013

On Fri, 27 Dec 2013 00:17:50 -0000, A. F. Cano <afc at shibaya.lonestar.org>
wrote:

> We'll see if mythfilldatabase fills automatically only the
> channels that I have configured in the channel scan.  Right now I have
> more of them than in the last few days, but still only about 1/2.  This
> might be because the EIT data is better right now than it has been.
> We'll see.

You shouldn't use mythfilldatabase and EIT at the same time for a specific
channel. They will overwrite each other and possibly corrupt the guide.

If your guide isn't populating quickly check you are you using Active EIT
Scanning. Turn it on via mythtv-setup/Capture Cards/<card n>/Recording
Options/'Use DVB card for Active EIT Scan' for one of your tuners only.
This will cause Myth to use that tuner (when idle) to cycle over all
multiplexes gathering EIT data & populate the guide pretty quickly.

If you don't do this then Myth will only do Passive EIT scans, i.e. it
only collects EIT data on multiplexes that your tuners happen to tune to
when recording/Live TV. Thus the EIT for some channels may never appear
until you try to watch them!