[mythtv-users] Can't grab Schedules from within mythtv

James Pifer jep at obrien-pifer.com
Thu Dec 26 18:48:09 UTC 2013

On 12/26/2013 12:26 PM, Thomas Boehm wrote:
> James Pifer wrote:
>> If I run xmltv manually in an xterm, I can successfully grab the lineup
>> from Schedules Direct. ie:
>> /usr/bin/X11/tv_grab_na_dd --configure --config-file ./tv_grab_na_dd.conf
>>
>> Any suggestions? Sorry if this is a known issue and I didn't find it.
> Did you run it manually as the same user (mythtv) who runs the backend?

I'm lot closer now. Yes, but to be sure, I did it both as root and as
mythtv. Both were successful.

So I took another look at my .mythtv directory. I'm not sure if this was
what I am supposed to do, but I moved the config file from the command
above to:
.mythtv/channels

Then I tried the connection again and this time it worked. I still
couldn't assign the starting channel, so I exited, started mythbackend,
and ran mythfilldatabase.

Then I stopped the backend and ran mythtv-setup again, and now I can
assign a channel.

NOW, if I go to mythweb and try to see my listings they are blank. :-(
So not sure what to do next.

I do see two errors in mythbackend's log.

1) Can't find mysql.txt. I don't thin this is a huge deal as it defaults
to localhost.
2) Error in  /var/lib/mythtv/.mythtv/config.xml. Basically this file
doesn't exist. Not sure how critical that one is.

What do you you think?

Thanks,
James