[mythtv-users] DVD Bookmark support?

Richard Hulme peper03 at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 26 16:10:30 UTC 2013

On 25/12/13 19:19, Tom Dexter wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 24, 2013 at 4:03 PM, Richard Hulme <peper03 at yahoo.com> wrote:
>> Tom Dexter <digitalaudiorock at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>

>>> Yup...that must be the case.  I just created an ISO of one of my
>>> VIDEO_TS directories with mkisofs and bookmarks work just fine.
>>>
>>> Thanks to both for the replies!
>>> Tom
>>

>> Hi,
>>
>> Sorry, my Internet presence is a bit patchy at the moment, so I've only just
>> seen this thread.
>>
>> I wasn't aware that bookmarks for playback of VIDEO_TS directories was
>> disabled but I'll have a look at it in the new year. The bug in libdvdread
>> may well have been fixed since 2006. I want to update the DVD libraries to
>> the latest versions anyway.
>>
>> Richard.
>>

> Thanks!  Let us know how that goes.  I was going to say that I could
> test any patches involved etc, but I assume from you're reply that
> part of this will require replacing the libdvdread code in the source
> tree?

Hi Tom,

It will, but it's no different than any other patch, and shouldn't be
too big, either.

I've no idea what the problem was in libdvdread that would prevent
bookmarks working with VIDEO_TS directories but allow them to work with
ISO images but since I changed the way the bookmark code works to make
it more reliable, even if the bug still exists, it may not affect us any
more, anyway.

Richard.