[mythtv-users] DVD Bookmark support?

Richard Hulme peper03 at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 24 21:03:45 UTC 2013

Tom Dexter <digitalaudiorock at gmail.com> wrote:
>On Mon, Dec 23, 2013 at 10:56 PM, Michael T. Dean
><mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:
>> On 12/23/2013 07:45 PM, Tom Dexter wrote:
>>
>>> Bookmarks work for me recorded programs and all video files as far
>as
>>> I know.  I don't really use ISO files (but they're really just a
>file
>>> system containing a VIDEO_TS directory right?).  When I hit enter
>when
>>> playing a VIDEO_TS directory it gives me the bookmark saved message,
>>> but does nothing, and nothing ends up in the filemarkup table (where
>>> other video bookmarks appear).
>>

>> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/commits/236781#236781
>>
>> though things were rewritten for #11609 (
>> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/commits/545860#545860 ),
>so I
>> can't say for sure if they're still disabled for VIDEO_TS .
>>
>> Mike
>
>Yup...that must be the case.  I just created an ISO of one of my
>VIDEO_TS directories with mkisofs and bookmarks work just fine.
>
>Thanks to both for the replies!
>Tom

Hi,

Sorry, my Internet presence is a bit patchy at the moment, so I've only just seen this thread.

I wasn't aware that bookmarks for playback of VIDEO_TS directories was disabled but I'll have a look at it in the new year. The bug in libdvdread may well have been fixed since 2006. I want to update the DVD libraries to the latest versions anyway.

Richard.