[mythtv-users] mythcommflag logo detection does not work

Mike Perkins mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk
Tue Dec 24 14:19:55 UTC 2013

On 24/12/13 13:53, Daryl McDonald wrote:

> My experience puts the blame on the redistributers. I record from a
> STB and from an antenna (FTA), commflagging is near flawless from the
> latter and 40%ish from the former

When you say you record "from an STB" does that mean via an HD-PVR? In which
case it is you that are doing the encoding and the output will be of a known,
consistent quality, much like analog recording from a PVR-150 etc.

If you are taking it straight from an mpeg2-TS stream then the format and
encoding can change almost from frame to frame. It's not surprising that ffmpeg
has problems.

--

Mike Perkins