[mythtv-users] Perl update breaks MythWeather

Robin Gilks g8ecj at gilks.org
Tue Dec 24 02:34:51 UTC 2013

> On Sun, Dec 22, 2013 at 5:00 PM, Robin Gilks <g8ecj at gilks.org> wrote:
>> My Gentoo stable system has just updated to perl-5.16.3.
>>
>> First off, the 'Switch' package is not found - fixed that by installing
>> the (now) unstable version. What I need next is a command line I can use
>> with (say) metoffice_fivedayapi.pl that will allow me to see what other
>> errors there are.
>>
>> My Perl knowledge is pretty well zero so I'm hoping that someone can
>> help
>> me out here.
>>
>> Cheers
>
> I see in another reply that you resolved this.  Just for future
> reference running the command:
>
> perl-cleaner --all
>
> ...after a perl upgrade may very well fix things like that.  That's
> one I tend to forget myself after Gentoo updates.
>
> Tom

The problems I had were *after* I'd run perl-cleaner. For some reason, the
update to 5.16.3 was done in stable even though it requires a few packages
from unstable (such as the DateTime and Switch packages). Methinks someone
on the packaging team dropped (or at least fumbled) the ball on this one!!

Cheers

--
Robin Gilks