[mythtv-users] Mythbuntu issue

Stuart Morgan stuart at tase.co.uk
Mon Dec 23 10:32:55 UTC 2013

On Monday 23 Dec 2013 02:53:52 Stephen P. Villano wrote:
> OK, I had updated my ancient BE as a slave BE, my new BE was working
> flawlessly for two months. I changed the storage groups to incorporate
> the old BE storage.
>
> Tonight, my wife wanted to go to the MythTV dedicated FE in our bedroom.
> The FE keeps wanting to run through FE setup.
> BE is still running.
> My PS3 can still see the shared files.
>
> Suggestions?

It's unable to contact the database, maybe because the database connection
details are incorrect or because of a network issue. Was the machine with the
database actually online at this time?

The only time the FE prompts goes through the language selection/database
selection screens again is when it's unable to access the database.
--
Stuart Morgan
MythTV