[mythtv-users] Motherboard / CPU recommendations

Kenni Lund kenni at kelu.dk
Sun Dec 22 21:53:18 UTC 2013

2013/12/22 BobW <bob_pub_mailbox-mytv at yahoo.com>:
> Does anyone know of any useful links or resources for selecting a
> motherboard and CPU, (and video card), for a Mythtv, (Mythbuntu), build?
>
> I believe my MB is starting to die and want to have a replacement in hand.
>
> I have a MicroATX case, so that would be the preferable form factor, and
> I have my eye on a GT520 or GT610 fanless video card to drive the pixels.
>
> Everything I am finding on the net is at least a few years old.

Zotac D2550ITXS-B has an onboard GT610 and shares the fan between the
CPU and the GPU. I use it in one of my frontends with VDPAU + advanced
2x as deinterlacer and it works nicely.

I believe you can choose the -A version if you want to reuse an
existing power supply.

It only has an Atom CPU, but if you're only playing back video
material which is supported by VDPAU, then you should be fine.

Best regards
Kenni