[mythtv-users] Update libcec in ubuntu

Alex Tomlins alex at tomlins.org.uk
Sun Dec 22 08:18:57 UTC 2013

On 22/12/13 03:41, Mark Perkins wrote:
> Just can't get a different version of libcec to stick for mythtv.
>
> Have installed libcec by Pulse Eight -
> https://github.com/Pulse-Eight/libcec
>
> It placed the library files in /usr/local/includes as follows (I did
> the chmod 777 trying to get it to work, I think it started as  744)

Pulse Eight have a PPA with updated Ubuntu packages:
https://launchpad.net/~pulse-eight/+archive/libcec

It has 2.1.4 available for all recent distributions, so instead of
compiling libcec from source into /usr/local, you could just upgrade the
Ubuntu package.

thanks,
Alex

--
Alex Tomlins
Email/Jabber: alex at tomlins.org.uk

There are two kinds of people in the world: those who finish what they started