[mythtv-users] Ghosts in the Machine

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sat Dec 21 06:06:59 UTC 2013

On 12/20/2013 01:59 PM, David B. LeGendre wrote:
> Hi Stuart,
>
> That was exactly what it was!  I didn't realize that the backend pulled in
> the EIT data when there wasn't any active watching / recording taking
> place.  I set the crawler to wait for 600 seconds of idle time and, sure
> enough, the auto tuning didn't start until the backend had been running for
> a little over 10 minutes.  Thanks for the quick and helpful reply!

And note that if you're using Schedules Direct (I'm assuming you're in
the US, based on your time zone), you cannot enable EIT on any channel
that gets its data from Schedules Direct.  Doing so will cause the EIT
to stomp all over your (good) Schedules Direct data and corrupt your
listings data.

If you're using only EIT, and actually getting useful information, and
are actually in the US, I'm very surprised.

Mike